VIPA and SPR Announces New Rules to Use Lindbergh Bay Beach
The Virgin Islands Port Authority (VIPA) and the U.S.V.I. Department of Sports, Parks, and Recreation (SPR) implemented new regulations to use Lindbergh Bay Beach, effective June 27. The guidelines will help ensure the safety and comfort of beachgoers and the traveling public. The beach will operate from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. A VIPA permit is required for groups of over 15 people to host an event or a beach party. The public should contact VIPA’s Property Management Office for a permit at (340) 774- 2132 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are prohibited on the beach:
• No glass bottles
• No destruction of buildings, trees, plants or shrubbery
• No firearms or weapons
• No generators without a VIPA-issued permit
• No jet skis within the swim zone
• No littering or dumping of personal trash
• No live bands, DJs or amplified music
• No metal detectors
• No nudity - bathing suit required
• No open flames
• No pets (except registered service dogs with designation)
• No removal of sand or shells
• No soliciting
• Speed limit in the parking area – 10 miles per hour VIPA has posted signage with the new rules at the entrances on Lindbergh Bay Beach.
VIPA Law Enforcement Officers and the VI Police Department’s officers will also monitor the beach. VIPA and SPR appreciate the public's cooperation to ensure that all beachgoers enjoy their experience at Lindbergh Bay Beach.