URMAN VICTOR FREDERICKS MARINE TERMINAL

Red Hook, St. Thomas

Urman Victor Fredericks Marine Terminal (Red Hook), is located on the eastern end of St. Thomas and primarily serves passengers traveling between St. Thomas and St. John, and St. Thomas and the British Virgin Islands.

Inside the 9,500-foot terminal are comfortable waiting areas with open-air seating along the dock; inter-island ferry ticket counters; restrooms; a bar and small restaurants; and other small stores.  The VIPA wharfinger's office is also located in the terminal. The terminal's parking lot can be used for daily or overnight parking (for a fee).

Travelers use the cargo dock at this facility to transport vehicles and other cargo between St. Thomas and St.  John. The dock is equipped with a roll-on/roll-off ramp. Restrooms are located in a building adjacent to the cargo dock for travelers' convenience.

This facility was built by Island Roads Corporation. Construction began in the fall of 2005 and was completed in Sept. 2007.  The $10 million construction of the cargo dock was financed in part by Federal Highway Administration GARVEE Bonds ($2.5 million) and a grant from the Federal Economic Development Administration ($1.5 million). The remainder was funded by the VI Port Authority.

This facility was named in honor of St. Thomas-born Urman Victor Fredericks by the USVI Legislature via Act No. 6897.

 

COMING SOON - A NEW U.S. CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION FACILITY

Urman V. Fredericks Marine Terminal
Red Hook, St. Thomas

Rendering of New Customs Building at Red Hook

Rendering of New Customs Building at Red Hook

Rendering of New Customs Building at Red Hook

Rendering of New Customs Building at Red Hook

Map of Project Site

Map of Project Site

 

Subscribe Form

Tel: (340) 774-1629 OR (340) 778-1012

Fax: (340) 774-0025 OR (340) 778-1033

Administrative Building, 8074 Lindbergh Bay, St. Thomas, VI 00802, USVI

  • Google Places
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Instagram

©2020 by Virgin Islands Port Authority Public Relations Office

Map of Project Site